Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Spinal Tap

So I talked to Nathaniel's doctor a little while ago and she wants to do a spinal tap to rule out meningitis. OUCH!!!! The word spinal tap is scary to me and I can't imagine them doing this to my 3lb 4oz baby. Please pray that the doctors are able to perform this task successfully and Nathaniel's test come back negative.
They are not starting back the breast milk feeds today because the most recent x-ray showed some thickening in the intestinal wall so they want to wait another day. Chad is on his way to the hospital so he can be there during the spinal tap procedure and talk to the doctors. I am at work now and supposed to be working but with this most recent news that is not going so well for me. Depending on how things go I will either go up later this afternoon or tomorrow early afternoon. I can honestly say this is the toughest thing I have ever been through and only hope and pray that Nathaniel is OK.

2 comments:

Maridith said...

Prayers for Nate & the doctors!!

Love ya!

Jeff T. said...

Dear Jill,

Please know that Jodi and I are thinking of and praying for Nate and his doctors.

Love,

Jeff