 |
| So sweet |
Nathaniel turned a week old on Sunday. We are still back a forth to the hospital everyday visiting and spending time with him. Sunday was a rough day for our little one. He was crying when we arrived and looked uncomfortable. We learned from our nurse that he was
acidonic (
sp?) so they had stopped his breast milk feedings. His neck and shoulder were also very swollen from his
picc line so they had to remove it and put an iv back in his foot. They will replace the
picc line sometime in the next day or two. The report from this morning (Tuesday) was that his gas numbers were much better and they had started him back on 3
ccs of breast milk every 3 hours to see how he handles it. He is also 2lbs 14oz so we are working our way back up to birth weight.
 |
| Looking at Mommy |
Chad and I both got to hold him "skin to skin" this weekend and that was very special for all of us!
 |
| Skin to skin with Daddy |
 |
| Skin to skin with Mommy |
Chad's parents came up to meet their grandson this past weekend and we had a very nice time with them. I can't wait until we can bring this little guy home so all our family and friends can visit and actually get to know him. Seeing him in the incubator is hard sometimes. I am so thankful that things seem to be going well right now and continue to hope and pray that Nathaniel is able to come home soon.
4 comments:
I can only imagine how hard it is to leave him there, but how wonderful it is that he is doing so well. He looks so peaceful in his mommy and daddy's arms. He is just precious!! Continued prayers for Nate and prayers for strength for you and Chad!
I'm sorry to hear that he had some issues. He's such a cutie. Thinking of you guys.
He's looking good Jill and making great progress! What a trooper! I know you'll be glad to hold him everyday and I hope that is very soon. Hope you and Chad are holding up well, too!
He looks wonderful! Hang in there. It's tough, but he'll be home before you know it. Praying for you all.
Post a Comment