 |
| Under the bili lights |
Nathaniel is breathing completely on his own and has been for almost 24 hours now - no more nasal cannula. Our little guy is so strong! They are feeding him 5ccs of my breastmilk every 3 hours through a feeding tube. Luckily the pumping is going great and I have been able to keep up with Nathaniel's schedule and even get enough to start freezing. He is under the bili light right now for some jaundice but his numbers are dropping so that is good news. Our weight last night was 2lbs 11oz. The staff at Johns Hopkins is wonderful and I am so thankful that we are in the best hands.
I was discharged on Tuesday and have been traveling back and forth since then. Chad and I stayed at the Ronald McDonald house last night so we could visit Wednesday afternoon and this morning. We both came into the hospital this morning (Thursday) and Chad got to hold Nathaniel for a few minutes before he had to head to work. I am spending the day here and don't plan to go back home until late this afternoon or evening. My parents and Jenny are still here helping out with the dogs (our other kids at home!) and visiting with Nathaniel as much as possible. Chad's parent's will be here this weekend to meet their grandson.
 |
| Daddy & Nathaniel |
I went into work for a couple of hours yesterday morning before coming here and plan to go back for a few hours on Friday. My boss has been great with all of this and is allowing me to work when I can and do things from the cell phone and laptop.
 |
| Mommy & Nathaniel |
Thanks to all of our friends and family for the prayers - they are being answered! We are grateful to all of you!
2 comments:
So glad to read Nate is breathing on his own...that is awesome! Great news too that he is already able to eat and that pumping is going well. Did they get the PICC line placed? We are continuing to pray for you guys.
That's wonderful news!!! I know it's hard traveling back and forth and being away from him. Thinking of you and praying that Nate will be home with you very soon.
Post a Comment