Hope everyone had a great forth! We had a nice long weekend visiting with Nathaniel and my parent's. Mom and Dad came up Thursday night to spend the weekend with us. Since Chad and I had Friday off of work we were able to get some extra sleep in the am and head up to the hospital with my parents that afternoon. If my memory serves me correctly Nathaniel was 3lbs 12oz on Friday and getting 28ccs of breast milk every three hours. Both my Mom and Dad got to hold him for the first time and it was a very special experience.
 |
| Grammy holding Nathaniel for the first time |
 |
| Pops holding Nathaniel for the first time |
Saturday Mom and Dad helped us get some much needed yard work done in the morning and then it was back to the hospital for some visiting with Nathaniel. On Saturday his weight was 3lbs 14oz and they had stopped the antibiotics, removed the picc line and bumped the feeds up to 32ccs (big day!). The four of us had a very nice dinner at Big Fish on the way home to celebrate mine and Chad's 2nd anniversary (confused??...click
here). We didn't make it to see fireworks but we did see a few from the car on the way home.
 |
| Jill & Chad - 2nd wedding anniversary |
Sunday we went back to hospital - just can't get enough of our little guy! He is now 3lbs 15oz so we should be hitting the 4lb mark soon. He was pretty alert most of the time we had him out this weekend and I love seeing those adorable little eyes looking up at me when I hold him. Sunday also marked his 4 week birthday!
When I called to check on him last night his nurse told me they had switched the isolette to room air and had him swaddled so they can see if he is ready to start regulating his own temperature and be moved to an open crib soon. I was soooo excited to hear that we can now bring in some clothes for him to wear. Its Chad's day to go up this afternoon so I sent him with some cute oneies and sleepers.
3 comments:
It must be tough being that far away, but that is such great news that he's growing so well and now off of the antibiotics!! He'll be home soon!
Great news and wonderful pictures.
Happy Anniversary too!
Wow he is really packing on the pounds. I am so glad he is doing so well. He is amazing!
Happy Anniversary!!
Post a Comment