I spoke with the discharge nurse again and explained that we wanted to stay and Johns Hopkins and she said that would be just fine. A couple of the care nurses have
asked me if I was excited about the opportunity to move him closer to home. I have told all of them that because we love them
soooooo much we will be staying. I think they are happy to have us stay but surprised that we are still willing to make the drive everyday when we could have him closer. So we plan to leave Nathaniel at Hopkins until he comes home unless our insurance requires us to move him sooner. I will fight this if I need to.
Nathaniel is doing great! The temp in the isolette is almost down to the point where he can be in an open bassinet so we should see him "come out of the box" (I call the isolette his box) very soon. We have introduced him to breast feeding and he is showing interest but he is not quite strong enough yet to latch but we will keep trying.
 |
| Hello bright eyes! |
3 comments:
Look how alert he is!!! What a cutie!!
I am so glad he is not moving!
Great picture!!
Great picture Jill.
I'm grateful that you have the option of keeping him where you want him.
Post a Comment