Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Learning to eat....

...is hard work! That's what Nathaniel says. They have switched him from taking a bottle or nursing every other feeding to bottle or nursing every feeding. Needless to say our little guy is trying hard but gets tired easily. I try to be at the hospital for at least one feeding a day so I can get him to nurse. He is having a little bit of trouble switching between nursing and bottle feeding. Last night he was just too tired to nurse but I did eventually get him to take his bottle. They are giving him a break this morning and feeding him through the tube once before going back to all bottles. I will be back up this afternoon to try again. He is still gaining weight and is now 4lbs 12oz. Once he becomes a consistent eater he will be able to come home. I can't wait!
In other news Chad had to go out of town for work yesterday and will probably be gone for about a week. If he is lucky he will be able to come home this Friday and go back on Sunday but we are not sure at this point if this is going to be possible. So I am on my own for hospital visits this week. I love visiting everyday but its nice to have a break from the drive a couple times a week when Chad and I can share. Last night I did not get home until midnight since I had to be at work for a late afternoon meeting. Midnight is a hard hour for me these days since I am normally at work by 6:30am and I still have to pump every three hours. Anyway, depending on how Nathaniel progresses with eating there is a possibility I may bring him home while Chad is on travel. I am soooo ready to have him home but I hate the thought of Chad missing out on his home coming. Fortunately I have fabulous family and friends that are more than willing to help me.

No comments: