| Puppy Cruise |
This Cruise was to celebrate our 1 year wedding anniversary. What???Our wedding was in August, right? Well we ran into a problem last June when our minister visited the Halifax County Clerk of Court in VA. He was told that since his papers stated the was an "Elder" in the NC Methodist Church graduate of Duke Divinity School and not "minister" the clerk of court would not grant him permission to marry us. I was devastated. Our options were to visit any court house a few days before August 18 and have the legal ceremony done or find another minister to do the ceremony on the 18th. Neither option sounded like a good one to me. I grew up in the Methodist Church and Johnny had been our minister for most of my childhood. When I told Chad about our little issue his solution was lets go to Vegas! So we decided to fly out to Las Vegas the week of the 4th and get married on the 4th of July at the Little White Wedding Chapel Tunnel of Love. We invited our Parents and the wedding party to join us but kept the information a secret from everyone else. My sister, Jenny, and one of my best friends, Michelle, and her husband, Bryan, were the only ones that were able to join us but we had a fabulous time. We got married at the drive-thru window in a Jeep Wrangler. So now our little secret is out! Happy Anniversary Chad, I love you! The great thing is I think we get to celebrate again in August. As my mom puts it July 4 is Chad's anniversary and August 18 is mine.
Chad being the most wonderful husband that he is had this sent to me at work Thursday afternoon.
We spent the 4th at a cookout with some friends in Leesburg, VA. The weather was a little rainy but we had a great time. Hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July celebration!
2 comments:
What a great secret!! That is so sweet. You guys are such a sweet loving couple! Happy 1st - 1 year anniversary! How cool that you guys get to celebrate twice every year
I am so bad- I am just now finally catching up reading your blog. What a COOL SECRET! I am so glad you had fun and had a great anniversary!!
Post a Comment