Tuesday, June 28, 2011
Update & New Braces
Remember the "Sick?" post I did early last week? Well the answer to my question was yes Nathaniel was sick and remained sick the rest of the week. Poor guy started running a fever Tuesday afternoon and it didn't go away until Thursday. As long as I kept the Motrin in him the fever stayed away and he was OK but once the Motrin wore off the fever was back and Nathaniel was grumpy. Wednesday was his worst day of whining and crying most of the day and just wanting to be held. I can't say I blame him since I know he felt awful. Chad got a touch of the same stuff on Friday but thankfully by Sunday he was feeling better. And I actually didn't catch it this time! YAY!
Nathaniel and I drove to Towson yesterday morning to pick up his new braces. It literally took us longer to use the restroom when we got there than it did to check the fit of the new braces and be on our way back home. No big deal except the office is 2.5 hours away from our house. If I could have the braces shipped to me I would but the fitting part is important even if it only takes a few minutes. The new braces are a little different than his first pair. They come up higher on his legs but have more flexibility in the plastic so he can start to walk with a more normal gate. With his old pair he walked kind of like you would with a pair of ski boots on - stomping. With this pair he can actually flex his feet a little. It will take him sometime to get used to them. He told me yesterday that the "new braces hurt Nathaniel" but that's because crawling and sitting in the "w" position with these on are not very comfortable because of how high they come on his legs (just below the knee). His old pair only came up to mid-calf. The good thing about them is it will force him to stand and walk more simply out of comfort!
On a side note Nathaniel made all the way to Towson and back home with no accidents - this potty training stuff is still going really well. I put him in pull-ups for the ride because I knew if he told me he needed to go I wouldn't be able to pull over fast enough on the interstate for him to go. At home, for shorter local errands and nap time he is wearing big boy undies and is only in a diaper at night. YAY Nathaniel!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Excellent news!
Post a Comment