Friday, June 17, 2011

2 Year Check-Up

I took Nathaniel for his 2 year checkup yesterday. He wasn't too happy with the nurse that wanted him to stand on the scale and take his measurements but he was wonderful for the doctor. He walked and talked for Dr. Miller. Who says Nathaniel is perfect - I already knew this but its nice that others see it too! :) Here are the stats:
Weight: 24lbs - 7th percentile (50th on preemie chart)
Height: 34inches - 50th percentile (80th on preemie chart)
Head: 19 1/2 inches - 70th percentile (85th on preemie chart)

All in all Nathaniel is doing really well and Dr. Miller was impressed with his progress. There are 3 doctors and one nurse practitioner in our pediatric office and I don't think we have seen Dr. Miller since Nathaniel's 1 year checkup. He noticed that his legs and feet are not nearly as stiff/tight and his reflexes are wonderful and equal on both sides. Seems like he is adapting/overcoming the Cerebral Palsy, which is great news.

He did suggest I look at getting a handicap sticker for my car since when we walked in the door I had Nathaniel and my bag full of stuff in one arm and walker and keys in the other. I haven't given this much thought but I do normally carry Nathaniel until I know we are in a safe place to put him down with his walker. He can't hold my hand and use the walker at the same time so busy parking lots are not good areas for us. So many times I have to carry him and the walker to get from point A to point B which is a heavy load for little ole me! Might be nice not to have to walk as far with my arms full at least until Nathaniel doesn't need the walker anymore.

No comments: