Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Happy Birthday Nathaniel!

Nathaniel is 2 years old today; where did the time go? I am in complete amazement in how fast the last 2 years have flown by and by how far Nathaniel has come. His start from the very being was rocky to say the least and that only continued through birth and the first few weeks of life. He has made tremendous advances and is doing wonderful now. With the exception of not being a full time walker yet Nathaniel is just like any other 2 year old. As his mother I love watching him grow and develop and with each stage I find something more to love about him but I wish the time wasn't going so fast. They say then you have kids time moves faster and before you know it you will be sending them off to college. I never believed that before having Nathaniel but I am learning to enjoy every second because once its gone you can't get it back. I miss my tiny baby boy but I truly adore my cute, sweet, smart, curious little 2 year old!


Here are a few things about Nathaniel I want to remember:
1. He is still a pretty good eater but if you put something in his mouth that he doesn't like he spits it out - Mommy and Daddy don't like this at all and are trying to figure out how to stop this behavior.
2. He talks in full sentences and there is isn't anything he won't repeat.
3. Potty training is still going well and most days we make it though with a dry diaper/training undies. He is starting to tell me when he has to go but isn't consistent yet.
4. He is the sweetest and most loving child. He gives the best hugs and kisses & his smile melts my heart.
5. He is learning to share with his friends and is doing pretty well understanding how to trade for something he wants or wait his turn and not take things that aren't his.
6. He can throw a fit like the best of them. Full out rolling on the floor kicking and screaming. He needs to do this sometimes but he is also learning to turn off the tears when they aren't necessary and listen to what Mommy or Daddy is saying.
7. He is a Mommy's baby but a Daddy's boy.
8. He loves to be read too and we do this a lot. Some books he has started to memorize and recite.
9. He can count to 10 but doesn't understand the concept of counting. He is starting to recognize numbers.
10. He can say the alphabet A to G and does recognize most of the letters if asked to point them out.
11. He goes to bed at 8 and sleeps till 7 most days and still take a nap in the afternoon from about 1 to 3. He loves his blankie and "needs" it to sleep.
12. Outside is his favorite place to be.
13. Cars, trucks, trains and planes are his favorite toys to play with now. He is all boy!
14. He also loves phones and has pretend conversations with family members.
15. He hates to have his face washed or his hair combed - typical boy!
16. He absolutely loves all animals. I can't wait to take him to the zoo.
17. His memory is incredible. We can do something and he will bring it up a week or two later and in full detail tell me what we did and who/what we saw.
18. He is very curious and wants to see how things work.
19. He has 16 teeth but has been drooling for the last several weeks so I think his 2 year molars are coming.
20. He likes music and loves to dance
21. Some of his common phrases: Mommy come! Mommy/Daddy play toys please. Please pick Nathaniel up. Drive Daddy's Jeep! Nathaniel play outside please.
22. He is wearing 24 month/2T shirts. His waist is so small he can wear 18 month shorts but pants in that size are too short so I have to use elastic waist snaps for his pants. Luckily it is summertime and he is in shorts most days.
23. His foot is a size 5.5 wide but with the braces he wears a 6.5 extra wide - I can only buy them from Stride Rite.
24. He can be sneaky and determined but is a joy to be around 99 percent of the time!


Happy Birthday Nathaniel! We love you so much and will always be your #1 fans!


3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Happy Birthday, big boy!

Jeff T. said...

Happy Birthday Nathaniel, you are growing up so fast!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you.