Sunday, June 5, 2011

Kennedy Krieger

Nathaniel had an appointment with Dr. Leet (orthopedic specialist) last Wednesday. She and her team were very impressed with his progress since she ordered his braces 6 months ago. He showed off his walking skills and let them examine his feet and legs with very little fuss. He has out gown his braces so we had new molds of his feet and legs made so they can make him a new pair. We should have them in about a month.

Mommy was very proud of him! He typically starts screaming as soon as a doctor walks in the room for fear that its going to hurt. I started talking to him about this visit a few days ahead of time and told him that the doctors wanted to watch him walk and play with toys and if he was good and showed them how he could walk with his walker and without, I would take him to get chicken nuggets and french fries. It worked and I did deliver. I have only given him McDonalds twice before but he loved it and certainly remembers things now so he was happy to tell me he was a good boy and wanted to get McDonalds on the way home.
Playing with trucks while waiting for Dr. Leet

No comments: