A few things I want to remember....
A couple of weeks ago I stubbed my toe on the corner of the bed and out of my mouth came "Oh crap!" I thought at the time it was much better than the "Oh s*^&$" or "Oh F*#^%" I could have said since my almost 2 year old was in the room. Well not so much, because ever since that day 3 or 4 weeks ago Nathaniel occasionally says "Oh crap" and normally under the right circumstances. It might sound OK coming from Mommy but not from a 2 year old. So now I have decided to use "Oh my goodness" and am trying to teach Nathaniel the same. Nathaniel now says "Oh crap; oh my goodness!" Not exactly what I had in mind! We will continue to work on it but I'm trying not to put to much emphasis on it since the more I talk about it the more he tries to use it. Little stinker!
Speaking of little stinker.... I have never liked the word "fart" so with Nathaniel we use "toot." We are working hard on manners since he is old enough to say "please". "thank you" ,"yes mame/sir", "excuse me", etc. Last night while playing cars on the floor with Daddy, Nathaniel passed gas. Here was our conversation after that moment:
Mommy - Nathaniel what should you say?
Nathaniel - Toot toot (with a smile and grin)
Mommy - Yes you tooted but what do you need to say now?
Nathaniel - Chuca Chuca Choo Choo
Mommy & Daddy - Rolling on the floor laughing! We couldn't help ourselves. Guess it makes since but I was looking for an excuse me! Maybe we need a new word!
3 comments:
Snort, good luck with that. Grace also used Oh Crap in context the other day and her Daddy's loving term of endearment for me is "crackhead" So grace says the other day, Mommy, you a crackhead...she is going to get kicked out of preschool on the first day. I could have killed him! :-) I had no idea she had ever heard him say it as he uses it on the phone, but not in front of her..apparently once must have been enough of course.
Sam and Grace
Too funny! I love kid stories!! He is such a handsome boy!! Watch out ladies.
A sign of things to come for us! Winston certainly can understand what we say to him, just isn't talking in complete words just yet... Gotta reign it in now! don't tell jennifer but she is right, I have to watch my mouth!
Post a Comment