Nathaniel is doing great with walking and talking. On Monday Ann (PT therapist) was here and he actually took 2 steps unassisted! He is not ready to take off on his own yet and is pretty reluctant to let go of our hands or the side of the couch but he can balance in a standing position not holding on to anything. When he does this you can see the excitement all over his face of "look mom I can do it!" I don't think he even realized he took 2 steps on Monday but I saw it with my own eyes and can say with confidence that I think he will be walking with his braces in the next few months. We will keep working each day to build his strength and confidence!
It seems Nathaniel adds a new word daily now and I am so happy that his language skills are continuing to develop. Here are a few of his new words:
no no - can't believe my child said "yes" before "no"
Aries - this is a hard one but he points to her and says aaarrrr so at least he is trying
Nathaniel - we have been working on saying his name and he is now labeling himself as nana - sounds a little like nini but there is a difference so I think he gets it
blueberry - his favorite fruit sounds like "bluba"
please
cookie - sounds like "cook"
jeep
toast
1 comment:
WAY TO GO Nathaniel! :-)
Post a Comment