Thursday, February 4, 2010

This & That

This post will be a mixture of what we have been up to the last few days so bare with me.

I took Nathaniel to the Wilmer Eye Clinic at Hopkins on Tuesday for a check-up and so far his eyes are within normal range and are developing as they should. They don't need to see us back for another 6 months so I guess thats a great sign. I know my little guy can see because I watch him follow us and the dogs around the room, he likes the tv when it is on and he will scream if he looses sight of me and doesn't want me to leave the room. All good indications that he is doing great.

We got another 2 inches of snow Tuesday night -grrrr! In the 5 years we have lived in Maryland we have not seen this much snow total combined! Its getting a little ridiculous and I am not looking forward to the "big" snow event we are supposed to see this weekend. Don't get me wrong it is very pretty to watch and see but enough is enough - we don't live in Michigan for a reason. Stay tuned for updates and totals.

Nathaniel and I will be headed to Dr. Miller's office for another synagis shot today. I hate that he has to get these once a month but RSV is spreading quickly this season and I am glad Nathaniel is protected. My boss' little one (4 months old) has pneumonia and RSV right now and is not doing so great. My heart goes out to them.

Speaking of work I am in love with working from home and having Nathaniel wih me. It can be a little hectic at times getting things done but I have come up with a good system and so far so good. I have started looking at the house work from a different point of view. If it gets done today great and if not the dirt will still be here tomorrow. Sometimes nap time has to be spent getting ITC work done and the house work and laundry gets put aside.  I can get a little OCD about the house work but am learning to relax, enjoy my time with Nathaniel and be thankful that I have the opportunity to stay home with him.
I absolutely love seeing this face each morning!

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

He is just too cute...look at that smile! Glad you are enjoying being at home.

Maridith said...

Love his smile!! It is so hard to be a working from home mom. It has plenty of rewards but sometimes it is so hard to work when you have a pile of dishes staring at you, crumbs on the floor and dreams that a maid will show up on your front door step!! So glad you are enjoying it!!

Good luck this weekend!! Hope they are wrong in the weather report. I know 3 days stuck in the house and I am OVER the snow!!

Avery & Hailey said...

It's definitely a balance!! And you are right, the housework can wait! I just need to remember that too.