I took Nathaniel to the doctor yesterday morning pretty confident that he had pneumonia. Fortunately for him he does not - YAY! Since I started the albuterol early they think it has prevented the mucus from settling in his lungs. So we left with more albuterol and instructions to continue using the nebulizer for the next several days until his cough and runny nose clears up. By yesterday afternoon Nathaniel proclaimed that he felt much better and wanted to play!
Now for the sad news...I got an email from Linda (neighbor) about 3:30 yesterday afternoon asking me if I was home. I responded saying yes and asking why. Honestly I figured she wanted me to go let her dog out. She emailed right back and said Larry called and told her there was a fire at Jeanne's (another neighbor) house. Nathaniel and I were in his room playing and I hadn't heard any firetrucks but when we went to the front window to look down the street there was a firetruck. Nathaniel and I rushed outside to check on our neighbors/friends. Luckily no one was home when it started except for Emma (German Short-haired Pointer). According to the fire marshall the fire started in the lower level of the house from a pinched baby monitor wire. It smoldered in the basement until some water pipes busted and helped keep it under control and eventually the lack of oxygen put it out. Emma didn't make it. Jimmy and Jessica came home about 3:30 and Jimmy noticed the windows were black so told Jessica to stay back with little Gregory. When he opened the front door everything was black and for the most part the inside of the house is destroyed. Please check all your electrical wires today, hug your loved ones and say a prayer for my neighbors. We are very close with the neighbors that live in our court, they are like family and my heart aches for them right now. I just can't imagine!
No comments:
Post a Comment