Friday, November 16, 2012

Updated Big Boy Room

At the beginning of this year I converted Nathaniel's crib to a toddler bed and added some big boy decorations to his room. Well this week I decided we needed to go though his room, clean out and rearrange. I moved his bed, removed the guardrail and moved toys. Then we went through all his toys and picked out some to send with the Elves back to Santa's Workshop so he can fix them up, make them new again and give them to other boys and girls for Christmas. Nathaniel was a little resistant at first to the cleaning out part until I explained that unless we clean out and send some toys to Santa's Workshop he won't have any room for new toys and Christmas is coming. I am much happier with the arrangement and he has more room to play now. Although I still think we need to get rid of more toys - he still has way too many! We added some more wall stickers and moved some of the old pictures on the walls too. He is very excited about his new room and has really enjoyed playing in there this week.

I have to mention that he did great in the bed with no guardrail but Thursday morning he did fall out about 6am. I was up and heard a big thump followed by startled crying. After a little cuddling he was OK and slept fine last night.


No comments: