Tuesday, November 6, 2012

New Roof

Yesterday I mentioned the leak in our roof and that roofers were coming to estimate a fix. Well they came, they walked on the roof, they looked at the leak around the chimney flashing, and they gave me 2 estimates - one for a patch job and one for a new roof. They strongly recommended a new roof. We knew our roof wasn't in great shape but didn't realize how bad - two layers of shingles, the wrong thickness of plywood and lots of weak areas. Of course the company wants to sell me a new roof but I do know the vice president and she was here with the estimator so I do trust them. I called Chad at work to discuss yesterday and we have decided to just put on the new roof that way its done and fixed. The nice thing is they will be here 1st thing this morning and say they can complete the job by late this afternoon. There is another big storm with lots of rain coming tomorrow so its best to get it done quickly. Before we are done with this house I will have a new/old house! See the ugly mess the leak made of my newly painted ceiling in the picture below? Oh and that's the new wall color too!

No comments: