Friday, September 7, 2012

Happy Birthday Daddy

Chad's birthday was yesterday. It was a pretty normal day in the fact that he went to work, I worked from home and Nathaniel and I ran some errands. While we were out I took Nathaniel to True Value to pick out a small gift for Daddy. Chad and I decided not to really do gifts this year since we just put the new deck on the house but I noticed his work gloves had a hole in them so thought it might be nice to get him a new pair from Nathaniel. Nathaniel was excited to pick out a gift for Daddy but at first he wanted to get him some new "toys, like a guitar or maybe some glue." I convinced him that work gloves would be a better idea so we made our purchase and headed home. I made a yummy dinner and some banana pudding. When Chad called to say he was on his way home I let Nathaniel on the phone to say happy birthday, which he did followed by "we went to True Value to get you some works gloves for your birthday!" It was cute and very funny. We had a nice little family celebration yesterday evening. Happy birthday to my wonderful husband and terrific most fun Daddy!


2 comments:

Jeff said...

Seems like yesterday that Topaz and I were waiting for you to get off the bus to help us track! How did the years go by so fast?

jeff said...

Oops...that was supposed to be after Jills B'day post. sorry!