Friday, September 16, 2011
Preschool Update
Well the first week (2 days) of preschool were great. I can't say the same for week two! Tuesday Nathaniel was fine till we walked in the room but then he proceeded to cry, cling and say "no preschool mommy." I smiled gave him a kiss and walked out. His teachers said within a couple minutes he stopped and was happy the rest of the day. We have been talking about how much fun preschool is and all the neat things he gets to do there so I had high hopes for today. Nathaniel however thinks it is fun to talk about preschool but going is a whole different ballgame. We got in the car to drop Sarah off at the bus stop then made our way to preschool. As we turned onto the road I hear from the backseat "no preschool Mommy, I want to go home and play please." I think to myself wow what a great sentence and at the same time sorry buddy mommy has things to do and you must go to preschool! He started crying when we got out of the car and threw an all out tantrum rolling around on the floor kicking and screaming when we got in his room. I once again gave him a hug and kiss and walked out. I must admit it was harder for me today because he seemed really distraught but he was in good hands and was smiling and happy when I picked him up. His teachers said his tantrum stopped within a couple of minutes so I know he is just testing me. It's amazing what a 2 year old comes up with to see if he can manipulate and get what he wants. I know preschool is the best place for him and I also know that within a few weeks he will be walking in like a big boy and waving bye to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment