| Not so thrilled to have his picture taken in his new cargo pants |
Tuesday, September 20, 2011
Pants Shopping
If you ask my husband what one of his least favorite things to do he will tell you pants shopping. He lives to wear shorts, hates pants in general, and refuses to wear jeans. I can't say I am much of a pants shopping fan either because I have a very hard time finding pants to fit so it gets very frustrating, but I love jeans. With fall quickly approaching Nathaniel was in need of some new pants - so pants shopping was in my future whether I liked it or not. He is about 34.5 inches tall with his shoes and braces but he has a very small waist. So small that some 12 month shorts/pants are too big in the waist! I looked on a few websites over the weekend to check my options since pants shopping for Nathaniel was on my list of todo for Monday morning. If I have to go I am not going to fight crowds so I am the one at the store when the doors open and I avoid weekends as all cost! I decided to check Walmart, Target, and Old Navy. Target didn't carry anything in a 2T with an adjustable waist but I needed other stuff so that was OK. Walmart had the adjustable waist pants but none that I liked and most of them didn't adjust small enough. Once we got to Old Navy our pants shopping experience got a little better. I found 2 pair of jeans and 2 pair of cargo pants that I thought would work. Since Nathaniel wears braces trying on pants in a store is not something I have been willing to tackle just yet. Too much removing, undoing and adjusting with a 2 year old - makes me hot, sweaty, panicky and tired just thinking about it! So I bought all 4 pairs of pants at $10 each (not bad considering) and after Nathaniel woke up from his nap yesterday afternoon we played dress up. Luckily for me I don't have to make any returns - they all fit - well sort of - they are a little big and long but that just means he can wear them longer! Nathaniel and I survived our first real pants shopping experience together!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment