Nathaniel has been working really hard on potty training the last couple of weeks. I started putting him on the potty a couple times a day and before bath when he turned a year old. He tells me when he has to poop and has been doing so for about 6 months if not longer - I honestly can't remember the last time I changed a "dirty" diaper. I am trying to teach him to tell me when he has to pee. If we are at home we visit the potty every 30 minutes and if we have success he gets 1 M&M. I have even started putting him in big boy undies so he can actually feel the difference and start to recognize the wet feeling if he starts to have an accident. So far so good and I think he is beginning to get it. He can't walk on his own yet but I see no reason why he can't learn to tell me when he has to go so we are going to keep at it with hopes that he will be fully potty trained in the next few months.
 |
| Checking out the new undies |
 |
| So proud! |
 |
| Reading one of Daddy's magazines |
 |
| He said "go pee pee get candy!" |
2 comments:
Good job, Nathaniel! Super cute in his undies...these boys are getting too big!
Hey Jill,
Love your training techniques! :-)
Post a Comment