VBS was this past week at our church and since I helped and Nathaniel is attended it turned into a very busy week full of late nights. VBS didn't end until 8:30 so it pushes back our evening routine and bedtime but what a wonderful reason to have to push things back last week. Nathaniel and I had fun learning about "Weird Animals" and this has been a very blessed and exciting week. I just loved seeing all the kids and adults getting excited our how much "Jesus loves you!" Each of the bible points for the days of the week were centered around, even if or when you feel left out, don't understand, do wrong, are afraid etc.. .Jesus Loves You! What a great message! VBS ended with a large party during the 11am service yesterday complete with the kids program, bounce houses, face painting and a cookout!

We have also been getting ready for Kindergarten over the last couple of weeks. The school shopping for clothes, shoes and supplies are done. New backpack and lunch box was ordered and received. We let Nathaniel pick and of course he choose his favorite superhero so he will be decked out with Batman this year.


We have a meeting at the school this afternoon to go over Nathaniel's IEP and meet the administration and his teacher. I am glad to have this scheduled right after Open House today and the start of school on Wednesday. I'll be honest that I have been very nervous and anxious recently about Nathaniel entering Kindergarten. I worry about the big school and new teachers and kids. I know in my heart he will do fine and probably succeed beyond my expectations but I still can't help but worry. So in true me fashion I contacted the principle a couple of weeks ago to ask about the IEP and see if we could arrange a meeting to discuss the next year. Luckily he agreed that a meeting would be a great idea - smart man.
This guy is growing up too fast! Love him so much it makes my heart hurt!
No comments:
Post a Comment