Thursday, August 28, 2014

Adjustment

Starting school has been an adjustment for all of us. Nathaniel seems to really like school so far and has remained excited to go each morning. I think it has been a harder adjustment on me. I don't like change and I love control - see the problem here? Kindergarten is way different from preschool and I have very little control. His teacher, Mrs. Maxey, is proving to be wonderful and a fantastic communicator so that has helped tremendously.

I did get my first phone call from the nurse on Friday to tell me that Nathaniel fell in PE and had a big knot on his forehead. We only made it 3 days before the phone call and it was his first PE class. Mrs. Maxey actually called me at 7pm on Friday night to check on Nathaniel; and that made a big impression on me. Nathaniel was not thrilled to have me take a picture of his head and the bump doesn't really show up very well.



So far everything else is going great as we adjust to the school schedule. Keeping my fingers crossed for a positive and fun year!

No comments: