After watching some cartoons Nathaniel and I headed to Samantha's dance recital. It was a fun production and Nathaniel even enjoyed it - I let him dance in the isle when the "fun" music was on so what's there not to like? Our plan was to go out to lunch on Saturday afternoon but since the recital ran over and kids were out in the neighborhood when we got home a certain 5 year old was less than interested in going to a restaurant. We decided not to push our luck and just hang out at home for the rest of the afternoon.
Tuesday, June 17, 2014
Father's Day Weekend
Nathaniel and I shopped for cards last week for all the special Father's in our lives. He worked on decorating and signing so I could get the ones needing stamps in the mail (a little late but at least we got them done). Nathaniel was so excited about the card he picked especially for Daddy - an alien card. I tried to persuade him towards a couple of other options but he was sure he had picked out the perfect card for Daddy. He was so excited that he decided Chad needed his card first thing Saturday morning - no waiting for Sunday to celebrate Daddy in this house! So we started the weekend off with Chad opening his card from Nathaniel in bed Saturday morning and it was really sweet to see how happy giving the card made Nathaniel.
After watching some cartoons Nathaniel and I headed to Samantha's dance recital. It was a fun production and Nathaniel even enjoyed it - I let him dance in the isle when the "fun" music was on so what's there not to like? Our plan was to go out to lunch on Saturday afternoon but since the recital ran over and kids were out in the neighborhood when we got home a certain 5 year old was less than interested in going to a restaurant. We decided not to push our luck and just hang out at home for the rest of the afternoon.
On Sunday we celebrated Chad some more with cinnamon rolls for breakfast before going to church. They had a nice service honoring the Dads. Our afternoon was spent hanging out as a family at home and enjoying time with the neighbors.
After watching some cartoons Nathaniel and I headed to Samantha's dance recital. It was a fun production and Nathaniel even enjoyed it - I let him dance in the isle when the "fun" music was on so what's there not to like? Our plan was to go out to lunch on Saturday afternoon but since the recital ran over and kids were out in the neighborhood when we got home a certain 5 year old was less than interested in going to a restaurant. We decided not to push our luck and just hang out at home for the rest of the afternoon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment