Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Standing Up & Quote of the Day

Nathaniel has been potty trained since before he was 2 but has always needed a fair amount of assistance due to his physical limitations. Well yesterday was a big day in the Goodrich house...Nathaniel asked me if he could stand up and pee like Daddy! This is not something I have pushed over the last year and a half since he was comfortable sitting and not tall enough in the beginning anyway. I told him sure and being the good mom that I am I helped him aim, then showed him how to properly wipe the seat and close the lid before washing his hands. He continued to want to stand and pee for the rest of the day and was so excited to tell Daddy about it last night! We are still working on pulling pants down and up but this was a big step to Nathaniel becoming more independent. I am so proud of my little guy but as I was laying in bed last night thinking I couldn't help but to be a little sad that his need for me is fading and he is growing up so fast. Most other kids his age are further along in the self help department and its not that I don't want him to become more independent and learn to use the bathroom, dress himself and put on his braces and shoes but I kinda enjoy doing those things with him. He is my only child and I only get one chance to do this but I am still so excited for my little guy and his new accomplishment.
Oh and I realize that when Nathaniel reads this in 10 years he will be mortified that I felt the need to record this information on the blog! But I need to add that the first words out of his mouth this morning to his teacher when we walked into preschool were "Ms. Jeanette I learned how to stand up and pee just like my Daddy!" And that my friends is the quote of the day!








No comments: