Thursday, January 3, 2013

Happy New Year

2013 is here! We decided to celebrate New Year's Eve with our good friends and neighbors, the Binkley's. I cooked meatballs in the crockpot and made Pops' green beans and a few other snack items. Wendy brought over some yummy shrimp dip, pigs in a blanket and cupcakes. We had a yummy dinner then all just hung out for the evening. Chad and Bill played Wii while myself, Wendy, Sarah and Nathaniel played Candyland. Then we all joined in on the Wii fun. I may or may not have enjoyed several rounds of Just Dance 4! The kids and adults had fun playing games and being silly. Bill, Wendy & Sarah headed back across the street around 11 but Nathaniel was still wired so the 3 of us sat on the couch and watched New York's Rockin Eve until the ball dropped. Nathaniel finally fell asleep in my arms at 5 after 12 and slept until 8:30 the next morning. New Year's Day was a quiet one for our family. We were all a little worn out from staying up so late the night before. We ate lots of leftovers and watched several movies together.

Yesterday was a back to school and back to work day for us. Nathaniel wasn't interested in going to school but once I dropped him off he was fine and enjoyed seeing his friends again. I still need to take down all our Christmas decorations and will start with the tree tomorrow while Nathaniel is at school. I think it will be easier to put everything away without little hands trying to help.

I am looking forward to 2013 and what it may have in store for us!

No comments: