Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Ugh! Sick Kid!

Its a safe bet to say Nathaniel is a sick little guy. He pitched a fit Monday morning when I tried to take him to school and because he was so distraught and said he didn't feel well I just brought him home. He had an occasional cough that day and was more tired than usual. Tuesday he woke up a snotty mess and the cough was much worse. He also took a 3.5 hour nap and I can't remember the last time that happened - maybe never! Last night he went to bed around 8 and slept OK until 2 with some coughing. At 2 he came and got me and I could tell by looking at him he had a fever so I gave him some meds and helped him back to bed. He coughed consistently until 3:30 when he said he couldn't lay in his bed anymore. We rested on the couch until Chad got up and then we moved to my bed around 5:30 and he has been coughing and watching cartoons ever since. He looks pitiful and says he feels terrible. I am calling the doctors office when they open at 9 to get an appointment for today. I pray that they can give Nathaniel some relief from the coughing and make him feel better. I am also crossing my fingers that he doesn't have pneumonia again! I don't want to have to change our Christmas plans due to sickness so my only wish this year is for all of us to be healthy.

3 comments:

Allison said...

Jill, Hope Nathaniel feels better soon and you and Chad can stay well. We have all had some form of "it" since the Monday after Thanksgiving! Olivia and I are still coughing. Thanks for the Christmas card! We won't be sending them out this year since we will be sending birth announcements in February when Baby Teeter is due! Hope your family has a wonderful Christmas!

Elizabeth said...

Poor little guy! This year has been awful for sickness...hope Nathaniel is better soon.

jeff t. said...

Aww..poor fella :-(

Hope he is better real soon.