Monday, December 10, 2012

ICE Shrek the Halls

We attended ICE Shrek the Halls with Uncle Jason and Aunt Cristine this past Saturday. Each year the Gaylord Hotel at the National Harbor has a themed ICE exhibit. We decided to go together as our Christmas gift to each other - making memories instead of exchanging gifts this year. All I can say is WOW - the ice carvings were amazing and I was very impressed. Nathaniel loved seeing all the characters from Shrek and really enjoyed the exhibit too. I will say at 12 degrees it was quiet cold and we moved through pretty quickly. We were dressed in many many layers but I don't think I own enough layers to be warm in 12 degrees. After making our way through we warmed up with a yummy lunch from McCormick & Schmick and a nice walk around the harbor. It was a perfect way to spend a Saturday as a family. Many thanks to Uncle Jason and Aunt Cristine for suggesting we all go together!





















No comments: