Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Summer Swim Class

I signed Nathaniel up for a 6 week summer mommy & me swim class at the local community college. Chad happened to be off work for 2 of the classes so I happily let him participate with Nathaniel. The pool was heated and inside and the instructor was nice but to be honest I prefer lounging on a float to swimming. I am a pretty good swimmer and I love the sunshine and the pool or beach but swimming really isn't my thing. Chad, on the other hand, loves to swim! He used to swim laps for fun/exercise and he is a really good swimmer. We thought swimming would be great for Nathaniel. It is wonderful exercise, helps to stretch muscles that Nathaniel needs to work on in his legs and it something that if he likes it, its a sport he could be successful participating in. He did great for the 6 weeks and learned to kick his feet, blow bubbles, doggie paddle with his arms, and roll to his back. I was pleased with the results and will look into some other swim classes for him - hopefully ones that don't require mommy to be in the pool!
Nathaniel swimming with Daddy & his class

No comments: