Wednesday, April 1, 2009

What Not to Wear?

Does anyone know if Stacy and Clinton give $5000 for maternity clothing shopping sprees? I think I would be a perfect candidate if any of you would like to nominate me. I'll even suffer through the secret footage viewing! So we all know that I am only 5ft. 1in. on a good day and I have a very small frame. Now that I am approaching 5 months pregnant I am in need of some new clothes and am having some serious trouble. Shirts aren't really too big of a deal but pants on the other hand are giving me a headache. I have been wearing belly bands with my old pants but those aren't going to work forever. I have a hard enough time finding regular pants to fit when I am not pregnant and I know they don't make maternity pants that are going to fit off the rack. So this means money for new pants and money for the alterations needed. For items that I am only going to wear for a few months I have a hard time justifying spending big bucks on maternity clothing. I would be OK with wearing sweat pants for the rest of this pregnancy but I am pretty sure even in my business casual work environment my boss would frown on this. I could really use Stacy and Clinton's help now!

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I feel for you...I'm 5'4" and have a hard time with pants being too long. I think Kohl's has petite on their websites that they don't carry in the stores. Some of the others may too. I so want to go on What Not to Wear someday...I'd love a new wardrobe like that.

Avery & Hailey said...

I was on the other end of the spectrum. At 5'11" I can't buy off of the rack very often either. I have to order my clothes in tall lengths. I ended up having only a few pairs of pants b/c I wasn't willing to buy more to only wear for a few months. Understand your frustration!

Maridith said...

No matter what side of the spectrum you are on Maternity clothes stink. The best pair of pants I owned were yoga pants (non-maternity) that were solid black. I wore them everywhere and if anyone noticed they were yoga pants no one ever said anything. Good luck. This is a struggle LOTS of women have. Also, you might want to look at craigslist. I see were people are selling their maternity clothes all the time. Just a thought!! Good luck!!