Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Surgery Success

I am happy to report that Nathaniel's surgery went very well and was a success. It was a very hard day for Chad and I with lots of emotions but thankfully everything went relatively smoothly. Our trip up to Baltimore that morning was more eventful than I would have preferred but we made it in plenty of time. They closed 301 to load a wrecked car onto a tow truck and the 895 tunnel was also closed for construction so we had to go through the harbor area to get to Johns Hopkins. I am pretty sure those were subtle reminders that I am not in control. Once we got to the hospital and checked in everything else fell into place. It was wonderful to have Aunt Jenny with us and we can't thank her enough for coming up and being with us. Dr. Wang did a fantastic job and Nathaniel's incisions look great. Everything is glued and stitched and will dissolve on its own over the next few weeks. Nathaniel is retuning to school this morning and has experienced no pain since Sunday. The doctors note does say no recess or PE for 4 weeks so that will be hard but Nathaniel was able to play outside with the neighborhood kids yesterday so I think lite play at school will be OK. Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers from our friends, family and readers.
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Jeff T. said...

Grateful that everything (except the traffic) went smoothly! Love to all of you.
Jeff