He purchased wood and began cutting and sanding the first weekend Nathaniel and I were in NC. Nathaniel and I came home pretty early on that Sunday and he was able to help Daddy with the sanding.
The following weekend Nathaniel and I were also in NC so Chad spent the entire weekend staining and putting the bed together. When Nathaniel and I got home on Tuesday afternoon, much to my surprise, the bed was actually in his room and almost finished. Chad arrived home that night and finished off the rest so Nathaniel could spend his first night in his cool new bed.
I took Nathaniel to pick out bedding (Batman) on Wednesday and ordered a mattress. His room is complete and he has the coolest bed of any 5 year old I know. And what is even better is his Daddy built it! I am so impressed and proud of Chad! We are very lucky to have such an incredible man as Daddy/Husband.
Nathaniel's bed is actually taller than the inspiration and as you can see Chad moved the opening and built steps instead of a straight ladder to make it easier/safer for him to get in and out. He also used the espresso stain that matches the dresser that Pop's built but left the clubhouse part and steps natural to give it a lighter look.








No comments:
Post a Comment