Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Eve

Eve or as we call her Nini has been through a lot in the last couple of years dealing with some major skin allergies. Jenny being the miracle doctor that she is was able to find a med that works and everything turned around. Well about 2 months ago Nini developed a UTI that we tried treating with an antibiotic. The first antibiotic didn't work so we made a trip to NC for some tests (I wrote about this in an earlier post). Once home the new antibiotic and pain meds started to work but then she started vomiting daily and sometimes 2 or 3 times a day. I was very worried and took her off all meds including her much needed allergy med. The vomiting continued and we ended up back in NC for another visit with Jenny and more tests. Unfortunately or maybe fortunately the tests didn't revel anything so we assume a stomach ulcer due to the pain meds for the UTI or her allergy meds. After another round of stomach soothing meds I put her back on her allergy med and so far so good. She seems to be doing well now and her skin is settling back down (it got pretty red and itchy while she was off her allergy medicine) and the vomiting seems to be a thing of the past. Like I said Jenny is a miracle doctor and I am very lucky to have such a wonderful sister and vet as part of our family. While visiting we did manage to squeeze in some fun picking yummy local strawberries and hanging out. Here are some pictures from our most recent trip to NC.

 


 
 

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Really good to hear that Eve is doing better.