Monday, November 25, 2013

Turtle & Ortho Appointment Update

Nathaniel found a turtle last week in our driveway and proceeded to entertain himself for a while playing with it.

 
We made our way to Baltimore last Tuesday for an orthopedic appointment. Nathaniel has hoped and prayed for months that the doctor would tell him he could stop wearing the nighttime braces. They have been a battle since we got them and I know they are very uncomfortable to sleep in. The appointment went well and we were able to table the serial casting she mentioned during our last appointment 4 months ago. Seems like the extra hours in braces is helping Nathaniel therefore she would like us to keep up the daytime and nighttime braces. I must say I am ecstatic that we are no longer looking at serial casting in the near future but I am sad that Nathaniel needs to continue sleeping in the nighttime braces. The doctor did say I could loosen them a bit so the stretch would not be as tight but the fact that we still need to put them on each night is hard. Nathaniel is upset but we have talked to him about it and explained the need but to a 4 year old none of that really matters. As he says "I really just want to sleep with my pity toes out so I can be comfortable!" Can't say I blame him! We will continue to do our best wearing them at night and keep praying that maybe he will not need them forever. 

No comments: