Our church is a drop off location for the Operation Christmas Child program so Nathaniel and I picked up a box to fill a couple of weeks ago. I wanted this to be an activity that Nathaniel could help with and learn from. I talked to him about the program and why we were going to fill the box for a little boy or girl. I let him choose the gender and he said he wanted to do a box for a 4 year old girl. So off to the store we went to go shopping. It was fun and so exciting to see Nathaniel picking out things for another child. He's 4 so of course he wanted to look at boy toys too and did ask once if I would buy him something but after explaining again the importance of helping others less fortunate he seemed to grasp the concept and happily continued to pick out items for a little girl. When we got home we carefully placed all the items in the box and will return the box to church next weekend. Nathaniel is excited to track our box online and I am happy he is starting to understand that Christmas is not just about a jolly ole fat man in a red suit that brings him gifts!
1 comment:
Very good lessons. Thanks for sharing Jill.
Love J&J
Post a Comment