Sorry for the lack of posting recently. We have just been busy and I haven't made time to sit down and post updates. So here is a recap of the happenings around here.
Grammy and Pops came up for a visit last weekend! They brought our custom island for my kitchen that Pops designed and built. I am beyond excited and now feel like the kitchen renovations are almost complete. Its taken 8 years to get here but I can finally say it looks finished and I LOVE it! Over the years we have painted, updated the cabinets with new doors, installed tile floor, updated all the appliances, and finally added an island. I would like to switch out the ceiling fans and lights but that will have to be later. The great thing about the island is it is not bolted to the floor and it can be moved. It also has an overhang at each end so I ordered stools to add a couple extra seats in our kitchen. It matches our kitchen table in size and shape that Pops also made so if/when we ever move both pieces can go with us. It is made of oak, has a butcher block top and has extra cabinet and drawer space. I am so lucky to have such a talented and generous Dad!
While Grammy and Pops were here Chad and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary. We left Nathaniel with them for the day while we went to the National Harbor to explore and eat some yummy food. We had a great time and I must document that this was the first time we left Nathaniel and went somewhere as a couple. Yes I know he is 3 years old and we should have done it earlier and need to do it more often. It's not like Nathaniel has never been left, he attended preschool last year and I have used babysitters and friends to watch him when I needed to do things without him. Chad and I just haven't made the time for special dates and time away from home together. We had a really nice time together and I would love to do it again soon. Nathaniel pitched a pretty good fit as we were walking out the door but stopped before we even got out of the driveway. He had a fantastic day with Grammy and Pops! I think I see more babysitters in our future! Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures of our weekend with Grammy & Pops or our date.
I took Nathaniel to the orthopedic doctor at Kennedy Krieger last month and it was determined that he needed new braces. Nothing new - we usually have to replace them every 6 months. However they did decide to change the style and put him in a AFO Tami 2 with a hinge. The last couple of pairs have been DAFO 3s. They casted his feet and legs last month and the braces were ready for pick up yesterday. They will take some getting used to for both Nathaniel and myself. They are bigger due to the hinge and have 2 pieces that go on each foot that fit together. Hopefully they give him more mobility in the ankles, a more natural gait, allow him to navigate steps a little easier and learn to run. Due to the bigger and different style braces I also had to order new shoes. One of the pairs he has now will work for a few days but they aren't very easy to get on and off and are a little tighter than I want. The new shoes should be here in the next couple of days.
The next couple weeks will be busy too since Sarah starts school tomorrow and Nathaniel starts preschool after Labor Day. I will try to do a better job of keeping the blog updated.
No comments:
Post a Comment