Nathaniel and I went to NC last Thursday for a long weekend visit. Chad was out of town for work so it was a good opportunity for us to get away for a few days. We had a wonderful time just relaxing and visiting. I got to see one of my oldest and dearest friends Michelle and her 3 girls and Jenny & Chris made it to Grammy & Pops' to see us too! Nathaniel (and I) LOVE the farm and just being in NC. We played in the workshop, watched the sheep, ran the dogs, rode on the gator, ate yummy food and vegged on the couch. It was a perfect weekend!
 |
| Watching the sheep in the field |
 |
| "Helping" Grammy give whistle commands to Lena |
 |
| Feeding time |
 |
| Playing with Pops |
Now for the rest of this post I want to tell you all about Pops' new business venture! It all started at Christmas when he built some new night stands. He thought they needed lamps to go with them and decided to use his "new to him, fixed up lathe." The lamps turned out great and I think he really enjoyed making them. Grammy, Jenny and I were all given really cool custom made table tops from Aunt Jan for Christmas and we asked Pops to make pedestals to put them on. Back to the lathe for Pops and 3 pedestals later and our tables were done. Couple of dead trees in the field needed to be cut down and instead of just letting the wood go to waste Pops decided to make some more lamps. WOW are they beautiful! I am the proud new owner of 3 lamps in addition to my new bedside table. I must say my Dad is very talented in most everything he does and these lamps live up to his talent plus some. So far he has used oak, cedar and maple wood (unfortunately I don't have a picture of the maple). The oak is very natural and rustic, the cedar is a reddish/purple and very classy and the maple is almost white and so smooth and clean in appearance. He has made many different sizes of lamps and honestly I wish I had taken more pictures but below you can see the 3 that now belong to me and a cedar floor lamp he made. I think he may start selling them and trust me they are beautiful, one of a kind, custom made and better than any store bought lamp. OK with all that said - place your orders or plan a trip to Pops Workshop at Shepherds Landing to see these amazing works of art! :)
 |
| Small Oak, Medium Oak, Medium Cedar |
 |
| Cedar floor lamp, pedestal table and 3 lamps |
 |
| Cedar Floor Lamp |
 |
| Pedestal Table - Thanks Aunt Jan & Pops - I love it! |
1 comment:
Wow, his lamps are beautiful!! Amazing he can do that!! Best of luck to your dad in his new adventure. He could also make some beautiful candle sticks too I bet! Big and rustic looking for mantel...hint, hint!!
Post a Comment