This year I decided I wanted Nathaniel to be involved in the making/creating his Valentine's to hand out at preschool and MOMS Club. Buying those paper Valentine's would have been easy but up to me to write and stuff since Nathaniel would have torn more envelopes than he stuffed and he is brillant in my eyes but at 2 years and 8 months he can't write his name! So a few weeks ago I started searching Pinterest for ideas can came accross a really cute one - melted crayons into heart shapes and placed on a paper backing with a cute message. I can't say this was any less work for me and if I am totally honest it was a lot more work for me, but Nathaniel was able to help and that is the important part. I tore the paper of TONS of crayons and cut them into small pieces. Nathaniel put the small pieces into the individual heart shaped silicone cups and then I baked them in a 250 degree oven for about 15 minutes. Nathaniel "helped" cut out the paper backing and I wrote the clever message. They turned out really cute and since we started this project several weeks ago (in case it failed and I needed to come up with plan B) I am happy to say Nathaniel's Valentine's are done and ready to go! And another plus he is not handing out candy!
2 comments:
LOVE IT! So great! ;-)
I am in awe of all you do!
Post a Comment