I decided a little before Christmas that it was time to transition Nathaniel's crib to toddler bed. Since Christmas was hectic and busy and I needed to order the safety bed rail I waited until last Wednesday to actually make the move. Nathaniel and I were in Baltimore for the morning and his nap took place in the car on the way home. After we ate lunch we took the front rail off his crib and added the safety rail. Nathaniel was so excited to have a new "big boy bed!" The first night in his bed was great - he went to sleep and called for me in the morning as usual. On Thursday we took a trip to Target to pick out some special bedding. I had seen a really cute digger/trucks comforter set online but at $80 and a kid that hates covers it just didn't seem worth it for a toddler bed that he really won't be in that long. He picked out a special dump truck pillow and a soft blue blanket that will serve as the comforter for now. I still need to change out his curtains, hamper and a few pictures on the wall but this is a start on a new big boy room. I am proud and a little sad to say he is still doing great in his new bed. He can get in and out on his own but knows I expect him to stay in at nap/rest time and bedtime.
 |
| New big boy bed |
Our naps are hit or miss these days and I am afraid he may be out growing them. My thoughts on this: NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! He is a much happier kid in the evenings if he actually takes a nap so I am still enforcing them as much as I can - weekends with daddy are a big distraction so it is extremely hard to get him to nap on Saturday and Sunday. During the week I can usually get him to go down without much fuss but him actually falling asleep is another story. I guess as long as he stays in his bed and reads or plays quietly that works too!
 |
| Showing off his new bed! |
 |
| Goofy kid! |
1 comment:
So cute! Anderson isn't much of a napper these days either...Owen is still a great napper.
Post a Comment