Monday, September 27, 2010

Big News!

We have a crawler! Nathaniel can officially crawl and move from point a to point b as of Saturday, September 25. He has been able to go just a couple of feet now for a few weeks but would always fall to his belly and into the army crawl. Now he can move from a sit to all fours crawl across the room and then go back to a sitting position before starting again. He still can't push up to a sit from his belly but I don't think it will be to long before he learns to pull his legs under him. I am such a proud mama! Daddy is very proud too!
Go little monkey!

In other news I took Nathaniel to Stride Rite last week to be fitted for shoes and purchase a pair. Ouch, Stride Rite is expensive but hopefully worth it. Until now I can probably count on 1 hand the number of times Nathaniel has worn shoes. I just haven't had any reason to purchase any or make him wear them. Nathaniel still curls his toes (more on that later) so putting on shoes has always been a challenge. With his new shoes that fit great and are easy for mommy to put on we have started taking the walker outside and making Nathaniel walk up and down the road for additional exercise and strength building. He seems to enjoy the change in scenery and freedom outside.

Bye mom!

These shoes are made for walkin!

2 comments:

Heather said...

WAY TO GO! YAY! So happy to see that he is making such great progress! :-)

Elizabeth said...

Awesome news! Yay Nathaniel! Owen wasn't pushing up to sitting until after crawling too. I hear you on the price of shoes and their little feet grow so fast. We bought some new ones this weekend too.