One year ago today we brought Nathaniel home from the hospital, after 7 long weeks in the NICU at Johns Hopkins. My emotions were all over the place that day and I can remember being so excited to finally be bringing him home but terrified I would have no idea what to do. Chad and I even joked sometimes while making the 2 hour drive to and from Hopkins that we get to visit, hold and love on Nathaniel and return home to a nice quiet house with no screaming hungry baby (I however was not sleeping through the night due to pumping). Not that my heart didn't ache everyday to have him with us, but we tried to make the best of our situation by looking on the positive side. The nurses and doctors did it all except during the few hours we got to spend with him each day. I can't believe its been a year and it amazes me how fast time flies and how quickly Nathaniel has gone from tiny preemie baby to little boy. I love him so much and would do it all over again but am so thankful those 7 weeks in the NICU are done and we have now enjoyed a full year of having him at home with us. He has brought so much joy to our lives. Nathaniel we love you!

Arriving Home
Meeting the dogs for the first time
Sweet little boy!
2 comments:
I can totally relate to your mixed NICU emotions. I was actually just talking about that with Donna the other day. It is definitely one of those times to look on the "bright side of things", if you can.
Holden was there for 19 days and that gave me 19 days to physically recover, prepare for his homecoming, and have special time with Quinn. And, best of all, Holden came home on a feeding/sleeping schedule that I just had to follow.
Happy 1 year anniversary of Gottcha Day! I am so very happy that Nathaniel is doing so well. :-)
Wow, it's amazing how much he's grown in a year. It's so hard to leave the hospital day after day and leave your baby there.
Post a Comment