Monday, September 28, 2009

Hemangioma Update

I took Nathaniel to see a pediatric dermatologist last Friday to get a second opinion on the hemangioma on his forehead. I have noticed over the last month or so that the hemangioma has a spot in the middle of it that is greying and from what I have read that can mean it is starting to go away. The doctor confirmed this for me an said that he understood my concerns for wanting to do something about it but he thinks we should wait another 4 or 5 months and see if it doesn't continue to disappear on its own. If it does that is great and the doctor said that this means he has a rapid hemangioma. If the grey spot doesn't continue expand then we will proceed with some laser treatments to try and get rid of it. All in all we got great news and I was very happy with the doctor. He gave me a lot of hope in that the hemangioma may be gone by the time Nathaniel is 2 without us having to intervene.

1 comment:

Jeff T. said...

You guys are doing a fabulous job of caring for him.