Tuesday, August 4, 2009

What Have We Been Up To?

Well we had a nice weekend as a family of 5. Nathaniel continues to be the easiest baby in the world right now (I am sure this is likely to change - but I am knocking on wood just in case :). Some of our wonderful Maryland family members (LeaAnne, Deb & Richard) came over on Saturday to meet Nathaniel. It was really great to see all them and they brought us some fabulous gifts - way to many but we love them all. On Sunday we just hung out around the house, got a few things done and played with Nathaniel. I gave him his first bath Sunday night and I think he liked it for a few minutes before he decided to scream "let me out!"
I took Nathaniel to the Wilmer Eye Clinic in Baltimore (and I thought I was done with Baltimore - not so much) on Monday for his third retinopothy check-up. Everything looks great with his eyes and they don't need to seem him again for three months. Getting to Baltimore and back went very smooth. Nathaniel slept the whole time in the car and I found my way to the downtown Johns Hopkins hospital with no issues until it was time to park. My directions said park in the parking garage on the left and that would have been great except that garage was closed due to construction. I drove around the block and couldn't find any other parking options to I asked the security guard in front of the hospital what my options were. He told me there was another garage a few blocks away or valet right in front. I opted for valet to save myself the headache of finding the other garage. Best 9 dollars I ever spent!
My great friend and other Maryland family member Michelle and her mother stopped by this morning to love on Nathaniel and spend some time with me. Now I am playing catch up on the computer and getting a few things done around the house while he is napping.
Nathaniel with his new toys from LeaAnne, Deb & Richard - He loves them!
 
Nathaniel in his new sleeper sack from Gramma & Papa
Napping peacefully in his crib

5 comments:

Jeff T. said...

Love the update and the pics!

Elizabeth said...

He's is just so cute! Great news on his eyes.

Andrew, Zachary and Will's Mommy said...

Fantastic news about his eyes! So glad everything seems to be falling into place.

Maridith said...

He is so cute!! Love the one of him kicking back with his hands behind his head! So cute!!

Allison said...

Jill & Chad, Nathaniel is adorable. Olivia slept like that for a few weeks until deciding that sleeping on her belly was better.