Our trip to NC was great! Sorry I have been MIA the past week and a half but we have been pretty busy.
Saturday, August 15, I fed Nathaniel at 6:30am and got myself the dogs and Nathaniel out the door by 7:30 to head to my parent's house. The drive usually takes about 4 hours and I wasn't sure if I would make it all the way there before Nathaniel decided he was hungry. I did have to stop which was fine but my plan didn't exactly work as I thought it would. Once I got off of 95 onto 85 I planned to stop at the first rest stop which is about 10 miles down 85. Well the state of VA has decided to save some extra dollars and close all the rest stops on 85. So I found a large gas station/restaurant with parking in the back that worked. Since I had the dogs with me I needed to find a spot I could park and keep the car running while feeding Nathaniel so everyone would stay cool. So after a quick stop we made it to Mom and Dad's with no problems. We enjoyed the rest of the day with my family.
On Sunday we had a Welcome Home Nathaniel Party! My mom, sister and best friend Michelle organized a wonderful party for Nathaniel. We had a total of about 40 people at my parent's house and it was soooo much fun. Nathaniel was awake for the first 1.5 hours and was able to socialize before taking an afternoon nap. We received some wonderful gifts and really enjoyed seeing all our friends!
 |
| Nathaniel's welcome home cake |
The rest of the week we hung out with my family and some great friends and just enjoyed being in NC for the week. Our trip home on Saturday was uneventful. I did have to stop and feed Nathaniel once but he was a great passenger the whole way back.
Here are some pictures from our trip
 |
| Puppies keeping a close watch over Nathaniel |
 |
| Michelle & Nathaniel |
 |
| Sydney, Mommy & Nathaniel |
 |
| Aunt Jenny, Mommy & Nathaniel |
3 comments:
Glad you had a good trip. So they closed the rest stops on 85? Crazy!! My parents live in Northern VA so I am used to that fun drive!!
What a wonderful trip. I read about the restrooms closing on my last trip to VA. I can tell you I have nursed in some strange places in my day. Not as strange as the woman who nursed at Chick-Fil-A but you do what you have to do!! You are already seasoned and Nathanial is only a few months old!! Good job!!
Love the pic of all your kids!!
It was really good to meet Nathanial and to see you again Jill. You have a wonderful family!
The party was fun and it was good to see old friends that we haven't seen since your wedding.
Looking forward to more updates and pictures on your blog.
Love,
Jeff and Jodi
Post a Comment