Friday, April 25, 2008

Week Update

This week has been a very busy one. I had a big conference going on at work which always makes the stress levels rise. I entered Eve in a Rally trial with the Papillon Club of America that took place on Wednesday. Unfortunately I was not able to take her because of commitments at work with the conference. My good friend LeaAnne offered to take and show her for me. Now, for those of you that know Eve, know that it could have gone really well or really bad depending on how Eve was feeling. Eve is 5 years old and has never been required to do much. Rally is a simpler version of AKC novice obedience and since the Papillon National Speciality was so close this year I decided to enter her. She is trained and can do a very nice job when she feels like it!

I dropped her off at LeaAnne's Wednesday morning at 6am. Since the Rally Trial did not start until 3 in the afternoon LeaAnne didn't need to leave her house until later in the morning. She decided to go back to bed for a little while and allowed Eve to come with her. She woke up a couple of hours later only to see Eve on her pillow sleeping very comfortably while she was left with no pillow (Chad wakes up to this most mornings). While LeaAnne got ready Eve and her 3 dogs were loose in the house just hanging out. Eve sneaked off and found a comfortable spot on one of the arms of a couch that she blended in with so nicely. LeaAnne noticed she was not at her feet and began calling for her. Eve did not see any reason to come to her since she was so comfortable and continued laying on the arm of the couch while LeaAnne wondered around the house looking for her. After a few moments of this LeaAnne spotted her wagging her tail as if to say "I have been here the whole time but wanted to watch you panic for a few seconds ha ha." So off they go to Fredrick, MD for the trial. LeaAnne's Papillon, Pippin, was also entered so Eve had a traveling buddy. Once they arrived LeaAnne took both dogs into the building to find a nice area to put their crates. Once she got them all set up, she went to check out the rest of the site. As she was standing near the ring she heard that there was a loose red & white female in the crating area. She thought to herself I better check and make sure that is not Eve. Sure enough Eve had escaped from her crate to do her own exploring. Luckily someone caught her and got her back to LeaAnne safely. Finally it was time for Rally to start and thankfully both dogs did very well and passed. This was Eve's first time ever in the ring for any type of event so I was pretty impressed that she did so well considering I wasn't even the one to show her. Thanks LeaAnne, you are the best but you did have to put up with a lot from my little girl and she says she is sorry for being such a bad dog! (I should have known she would be little devil when my friends convinced me name her Evil Eve and put that on her registration papers)

I'll post pictures when we get them back from the show photographer.

1 comment:

Maridith said...

What a funny dog!! And what a wonderful friend to take your dog and show her. I love hearing about your dogs. They are so cute! My dog is just a teddy bear and listens when he feels like it!!