Monday, February 9, 2015

Hello - I'm Still Here

I'm not sure if my readers (all 3 of you - LOL) have given up on me but I am still here. We have been busy, sick and busy and not much has been blog worthy recently. I'll give a quick (OK maybe a long) update of the last few weeks.

This Winter has been cold and wet and no snow to speak of which equals a disappointed little boy. We got a dusting a couple of weeks ago that resulted in schools being closed and sometime outside to play. Nathaniel enjoyed it but it was not enough to build a snowman so he is still holding out hope for a big snow storm this year. I say lets bring on Spring and be done with Winter.
 

I took an Annie Sloan paint class recently and have started refinishing some pieces. Its been fun to learn and experiment and turning some of our old ugly wood furniture into pretty pieces I like to see is a plus. Don't get me wrong I like the look of wood but some of our pieces while nice wood just had all the wrong stain and look for my taste. Here are a couple pictures of my first 2 pieces. The orange 2 drawer piece was white (see pictures below) and actually belonged to my Dad when he was a kid. I believe my mom painted it white sometime when it was in her house. During college I inherited it and a matching dresser that is in our guest room (still white and waiting to be painted). This piece as you can probably guess is in Nathaniel's room and was painted orange per his request. I think it turned out very nice. The other night stand is still a work in progress and its an old piece that Chad has had for years. I am painting it to go back in our bedroom. I'll post final pictures when it is done.

 
 
 

I mentioned we had been busy and sick at the beginning of this post. Yes Nathaniel is/was sick again and was sent home from school early Friday. He rested and seemed much better on Saturday so I sent him back today. Chad mentioned last night that he felt achy and yucky so I am assuming he is coming down with something as well. I vow not to catch anything!

I am so ready for Spring we got a nice taste yesterday with a sunny and 62 degree Sunday. We spent the whole afternoon outside soaking up all the vitamin D we could get. Boy have I missed Mr. Sunshine!

 
Oh and one last thing before I close. I cut my hair. My hair has been long (way below my shoulders) for the last 12 years or so. I have gotten it trimmed and a couple inches taken off here and there but no major cuts since before Chad and I met. Last Friday I had an appointment with my regular girl and told her it needed a really good cut and that I thought I was ready to take some length off. She cut a good 8 or 9 inches and it feels so much healthier and lighter. Its not really short since it still hits my shoulders but this was a big thing for me. I am getting used to it and I like it so far. Please excuse the bad selfie picture but I couldn't tell you I cut it and not include proof!
 
 

No comments: