I was able to attend the 2nd quarter awards ceremony at Nathaniel's school a couple weeks ago. We are very proud of our student of the month for the month of December. The school chooses a word each month and teachers are then responsible for awarding kids that demonstrate the word/charaterictic. The December word was "caring" and we couldn't be prouder of our caring child! During this awards ceremony they awarded students of the month for November, December and January.
While we are talking about school I should also mention that Nathaniel did a fantastic job on his report card for the 2nd quarter, Many of his "I's" (In Progress) from last quarter turned into "P's" (Proficient) this quarter. He is doing a fantastic job.
We also had an IEP meeting a few weeks ago to review Nathaniel's progress. According to the school staff Nathaniel is doing so well that we may be dropping/losing the IEP at the end of this year. He still has to go through some testing but everyone at the table felt that his scores would be so high that the IEP isn't necessary anymore. A child can only have an IEP if it is educationally needed. Meaning his education must be directly affected in order to need services. Nathaniel only has a large motor delay which doesn't directly affect his education. I am both happy and sad about this. So very happy that Nathaniel is doing so well but I know without the IEP in place it can be difficult to get accomadations if they are needed. So far the school administrators and teachers have been great to work with so hopefully this continues.


No comments:
Post a Comment