Thursday, November 20, 2014

No Blog Love

I know I have been a total slacker and given the blog no love this month. I could give you my list of excuses (we've been sick, busy, traveling, and life is boring) but you really don't want to read about my excuses so lets start fresh and just agree that the blog has been neglected but I'll try to do better.

So lets start with some updates...
We all got sick with the flu and that was horrible but I think we are all better now.

Nathaniel continues to do great in school and received his first ever report card. Whatever happened to the A,B,C grading system? Apparently they don't use that until you are in the 3rd grade. He gets P (Proficient), I (In Process), N (Needs Development) & T (To Be Taught). Nathaniel earned all Ps and Is and his teacher had wonderful things to say about his work and progress so we are very proud of him.

Nathaniel also recently had an orthopedic appointment at Kennedy Krieger. The appointment went well but I mentioned to the doctor that I thought his left ankle was getting tighter. Its harder to stretch and get in his braces. My thought was it may be tighter but he also may just be stronger therefore harder for me to stretch. The doctor agreed and asked us to add weekly private PT to our schedule. We started seeing Tara at Coordinated Movements a couple weeks ago and so far so good. The only down fall it they didn't have any before or after school appointments available. So each Monday I go eat lunch with Nathaniel, check him out for the 12pm appointment then rush him back at 1pm. He misses recess and part of math but only the first 10 minutes so hopefully not a big deal. His teacher and the administration have been great to work with and are very supportive of the additional PT.

We traveled and stayed with Aunt Jenny and Uncle Chris last weekend to celebrate Uncle Chris' graduation from college. Yay Chris! We loved seeing all the progress on the addition to their log home (really wish I had taken pictures but sorry I did not). It was wonderful to see our family and great friends over the weekend. Long drive but totally worth it and hope we can visit again soon.

So this is what we have been up to over the last few weeks and why the blog hasn't received any love. I promise to try and be a better blogger in the future. And because we all love pictures here are a few from our visit with Aunt Jenny & Uncle Chris.






No comments: