Friday, May 17, 2013

Marvelous Mother's Day 2013

Mother's Day 2013 could not have been any better. Chad and Nathaniel did a wonderful job making me feel special. We had coffee on the deck in the beautiful sunshine then went to the park for a picnic and some play time. Chad grilled steaks for dinner and everyone was in a happy and sweet mood the entire day!









We did have one little mishap...Our basement french door has needed replacing for sometime now but we just hadn't gotten around to it until last week when I noticed the glass at the bottom had completely separated from the molding. I called my neighbor whose father-in-law owns a contracting company. Jimmy works for him so had him come over and give me an estimate. Kenny took some measurements and told me he would have the estimate to me sometime on Monday. Well on Sunday before we headed to the park Chad and I were attempting to push the glass back in place when the outside pane shattered all over my basement floor. Let me tell you it was a mess about 1/2 of the glass fell out. We got everything cleaned up and I emailed Kenny first thing Monday morning to tell him we needed to go ahead with the replacement ASAP since I could no longer open and close the door safely. It's Friday and they just finished installing the new door. I don't have any pictures of the old damaged door but here is one of our new one.







No comments: