Monday, March 5, 2012

Celebrate Nathaniel - 3rd Year

It's that time of year again and the March of Dimes is hosting March for Babies on May 5. I can't believe this will be our 3rd year walking - and the first year that Nathaniel can actually do some walking if he doesn't want to ride in the stroller. How amazing that after 3 years of supporting this cause because of our experience my little guy can walk too? He was with me during the the last 2 walks but only in the stroller since he wasn't walking well enough to get out. Now 3 miles is way too far for Nathaniel to go and it would take us all day but I will certainly let him walk a little in the beginning and at the end because I want him to "walk" too.
We will be participating in this walk as part of the local MOMS Club team. When you walk in or donate to March for Babies, you give hope to the more than half a million babies born premature each year. Money raised supports community programs that help moms have healthy, full-term pregnancies. March of Dimes also funds research to find answers to premature birth, birth defects and infant mortality. For more information on joining us on our walk or to make a donation please click the badge on the right hand side of the screen. Since our little guy was born 11 weeks early I find this a very worthy cause and am walking to celebrate Nathaniel!

No comments: